The covid-19 pandemic changed the world. Everyone was forced to stay home to stop the wild spread of the disease. The lockdown and unexpected pandemic outbreak impacted numerous businesses and industries.
Two years have passed since the terrifying nightmare we all experienced, and as a result of Covid-19, many industries—including the healthcare sector—have had to adapt if they want to succeed quickly. After the pandemic, the healthcare sector underwent a significant transformation.
In 2022, several software development companies are helping these sectors with digital technologies, and you can expect these technologies to change the healthcare culture by attracting new players and delivery models.
Keep reading this blog to find out the top Emerging healthcare technology trends.
What are the Emerging healthcare technology trends?
Software technologies that help and assist the patients, health organizations like hospitals, and physicians in various forms are the Trends in healthcare technology.
Its been almost 4 decades since the introduction of the internet, and it’s not just a place to order or market your product; the internet is a whole entity that is ever evolving. With the internet boom, numerous health technologies are emerging to assist patients and healthcare providers. Here is the list of the top Healthcare Technology Trends.
1. Smart Wearables
One of the important and currently trending technologies is smart wearables. The use of smartwatches is increasing fast among every age group, and seeing the demand for the product, software companies such as Apple, Samsung, Fitbit, and others are investing heavily in this technology.
The use of smart wearable technology in healthcare can emerge as a prospective solution to ensure assistive healthcare services for all. Here are a few common applications of smart wearable technology in healthcare.
- Smartwatches help in managing and monitoring various health conditions via wearable devices.
- Offer quality remote care to patients at care homes or in remote areas.
- Preventive care for the elderly and intensive care unit patients.
- Common wearable devices used in hospitals, such as ECG monitors, biosensors, blood pressure monitors, etc., can help save patients’ time and life.
Other than hospitals, general smartwatches, and fitness trackers can help in
- Tracking your daily activity
- Recording and monitoring heartbeats
- Record ECG reports and blood oxygen levels.
- Smart patches can monitor your blood vitals, and smart hearing aids restore hearing capacity.
All the smartwatches either use Android or iOS apps to store the data, and it is estimated that by 2027, the global health wearable is expected to hit 195 Billion US dollars.
2. Artificial intelligence
Using AI and ML (machine learning) has many benefits. First, the artificial industry is pervasive and impacts everything around us.
Making robots perform tasks is nothing new, but using them well, even in tiny portions of the healthcare sector, will help you achieve the best results.
Here is a list of how artificial intelligence has changed the healthcare industry.
- AI is widely used in diagnosing patients and reduces any diagnostic error.
- AI is crucial for creating next-generation radiology devices with automatic prediction.
- With the assistance of AI, medical practitioners can detect cancer in earlier stages.
- With the aid of AI, managing and looking up a patient’s medical history is made simple.
- Health services will be made available in more underdeveloped and difficult-to-reach areas.
The AI market is predicted to reach 120 billion US dollars by 2028, which is why it is one of the Trends in healthcare technology.
3. Virtual and Augmented reality
VR and AR assist healthcare professionals in many ways, from assisting in operations to training young professionals.
Here is a list of a few applications of VR in the healthcare industry:
- Training physicians and surgeons with essential medical insights.
- Assisting surgeons and medical staff conduct surgeries and practice operations.
- Enabling team collaboration to make crucial decisions to guarantee patient consent.
Augmented reality has an option to be used with voice commands, so let’s say a surgeon is operating while receiving messages about other patients, and using his voice, the surgeon can issue commands without interfering with the procedure. Of course, VR and AR go hand in hand, and implementing AI improves the AR experience, but it requires a lot of software and hardware expertise to develop.
But seeing the potential and advantages, many companies are leveraging augmented and virtual reality for the healthcare industry. By 2023, the virtual and augmented reality market is predicted to reach $5 billion, which is why it is one of the Trends in healthcare technology.
4. Cloud computing
Many industries, including healthcare, have dramatically changed due to cloud computing. The applications of cloud computing in the healthcare sector are listed below.
- Enabling autonomous systems that require less management and offer more productivity.
- Cloud-based solutions to streamline data flows.
- Allowing data storage and remote access to authorized people.
- It helps in facilitating communication between patients and doctors.
- Better integration and collaboration between teams.
Cloud computing is a Healthcare Technology Trend because it is rapidly expanding, adaptable, and demanding to the point where it is anticipated that the cloud healthcare sector will exceed 64 billion USD by 2025.
There has been a lot of hype surrounding the use of nanoparticles or nano-objects, like nanorobots, in the medical field. However, Nanomedicine is one of the most promising medical fields in the future, and it is in high demand because nanomedicine is so helpful in cancer treatment and drug injection.
Well-established healthcare organizations use Nanopill cameras to study the inner parts of the body, and in coming years the use of nanotechnology in the medical field will only increase. It is estimated that the nanomedicine industry is predicted to hit a market of over 125 billion dollars by 2024.
These are the Emerging healthcare technology trends that are bound to change the face of the healthcare industry. Several of the biggest software companies in the world, including Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, and many others, are investing in healthcare technology.
So now is the ideal time to invest in healthcare technology or create products related to healthcare.